Welcome

As we say above, this is mainly for friends and family. Michael's blog on the Middle East can be found here. Most of our other links can be found below on the right, but be sure to keep up as well with our family website, here. We also have discussion groups for genealogy, links to genealogical information on us, and our (semi-private) Flickr and YouTube accounts for those who are invited. You can also get a quick-navigation guide here.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Looking Back on a Good Vacation

After a day back at work I'm still fairly mellow. I think this was one of our better vacations, certainly one of the best limited to a single week. I know I've said that in several postings.

At some point I plan to blog a bit more about the various ancestors whose histories first drew us to the mountain country. Maybe not just yet though. That is too much like work, and I've more than enough work to go around right now.

Perhaps I should say something about how we travel. I've become utterly dependent on the Internet. I always travel with a laptop, though my laptop, bought before we went to China to adopt Sarah in 2001, is on its last legs. We also have learned the value of a little $100 portable DVD player in the car, which allows Sarah to watch video while we drive. And we always carry snacks, extremely detailed maps (I am a map freak of the first order), a camera, etc.

Pre-Sarah, Tam and I traveled lighter. Now we travel heavy. But we are able, as we did again this time, to blog regularly, upload photos, etc. I'll be preparing a video of all our vacation photos and video for YouTube soon, perhaps tonight.

No comments: