Welcome

As we say above, this is mainly for friends and family. Michael's blog on the Middle East can be found here. Most of our other links can be found below on the right, but be sure to keep up as well with our family website, here. We also have discussion groups for genealogy, links to genealogical information on us, and our (semi-private) Flickr and YouTube accounts for those who are invited. You can also get a quick-navigation guide here.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Genealogy Database Updated

The online genealogy database at our main homepage hadn't been updated since 2002, when Sarah was still young enough I could do such things. In the interim I discovered one major error that changed an entire ancestral line on Tam's side (over-credulous acceptance of information on my part), plus lots of smaller updates. Tonight I finally uploaded a [more] current version. Since it took a while to do it and after we did so I found we'd omitted the death of Tam's great aunt Ruth Ann Heaney last December, I add the [more]. It's still not totally current, and changing the whole thing takes a long time, so I'll only update every few months.. As I try to emphasize on the introductory page of the database, this is not my own personal considered historical product. I have included much material from other people's genealogies, without verification. My own genealogy is best learned from my written pages, elsewhere on the same website. But this gives a good way for distant relatives to find links, though not every statement here is verifiable by me. Also I have included some uncertain links. Don't just take this as gospel, please.

Also, you will not find yourself in there, unless you are logging on from the other world. I have listed all living persons as simply "Living" with no personal information. I used to list names, but no dates or places. But even names can now be manipulated for identity-theft purposes, so now I simply list living people as "living." Search for your parents or grandparents to find links. I can make an uncensored version available to those who want it, if you're in it.

Also, note that for anyone in there who has a birthdate but no death date, I've told the computer to consider them "living" until 99 years after their birth date, so some people long dead for whom I don't have a death date will also be blanked out as "living."

Relatives of course may contact me for full information (or just as important, to add to/correct what I have.)