Welcome

As we say above, this is mainly for friends and family. Michael's blog on the Middle East can be found here. Most of our other links can be found below on the right, but be sure to keep up as well with our family website, here. We also have discussion groups for genealogy, links to genealogical information on us, and our (semi-private) Flickr and YouTube accounts for those who are invited. You can also get a quick-navigation guide here.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Reading Recipes

Since I don't have much time these days to actually do fun cooking, I find myself at odd moments just skimming the various food and cooking websites to read recipes, glean some tips, and advice on cooking certain foods. I really dream for the day when I have more time to do some of these recipes, I especially like reading readers' reviews, where they make suggestions as to what they added, or substituted, for ingredients, to make the dish more appealing. I've collected quite a few recipes off the web this way, and some have become real family favorites.

Here's one recipe I created many years ago in my single days, it is now a family staple and has saved many a weeknight supper need.

Tam's Terrific Tuna Salad

Two cans tuna in water, drained
Dill Weed
Lemon Pepper
Green Onion
Cucumber

Mayonnaise (Light or Low Fat)
Dijon Mustard

Mix all together and serve, cold. For other flavors substitute red or yellow peppers for cucumber. You can also add grapes, apples, etc. It's a flexible recipe.