Welcome

As we say above, this is mainly for friends and family. Michael's blog on the Middle East can be found here. Most of our other links can be found below on the right, but be sure to keep up as well with our family website, here. We also have discussion groups for genealogy, links to genealogical information on us, and our (semi-private) Flickr and YouTube accounts for those who are invited. You can also get a quick-navigation guide here.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Family History

As most of you who find this website will likely already know, I've been doing family history (genealogy, but with a lot of historical background detail) since I was in high school. In recent years, with two jobs and as the father of a young child, I've had little time to write. Some information is online, accessible through my genealogy homepage at http://tamandmichael.com/genealogy.htm, which includes my draft Collins family history, some material on the Dunns, and other material on other lines, plus an old and very out of date version of my genealogy database. [UPDATE: The genealogy database was updated online on July 16, 2007. See this post.] All these need updating. This blog for the time being will be a way to update it all, and I intend to let all my genealogy posts, at least, be open to comments.

I also plan to use this site to post new material. I've been gathering information for years on interesting Native American connections with both the Dunn and Collins lines, though I have no reason to believe I personally have direct native ancestry, at least so far as I've learned to date. This may give me some opportunity to raise some questions that others may wish to comment on.

I'll also use the posts labeled "Family History" to post new stuff I find, until I can incorporate it into the genealogy website, or to raise questions. I welcome comments to these posts.



Michael Dunn

1 comment:

Michael Collins Dunn said...

This is a test comment by me. This is purely because this is the first post on the blog so far on which comments have been permitted, so it's a test.