Welcome

As we say above, this is mainly for friends and family. Michael's blog on the Middle East can be found here. Most of our other links can be found below on the right, but be sure to keep up as well with our family website, here. We also have discussion groups for genealogy, links to genealogical information on us, and our (semi-private) Flickr and YouTube accounts for those who are invited. You can also get a quick-navigation guide here.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Fashion Tips

More coming soon, but meanwhile I need to record for posterity a conversation when I picked up Sarah from school tonight. I was wearing a new pair of shoes I bought last weekend.

Sarah: Are those your new shoes?

Me: Yes, they are.

Sarah: Awesome. Really cool. But Dad, can I tell you something?

Me: Sure.

Sarah: Can I give you a fashion tip?

Me: Okay.

Sarah: They really don't go with that shirt.

Me: Well, maybe not. But I was just trying to come and get you from school.

Sarah: I can give you some fashion tips later on.

Me: It may already be too late for me.

Sarah really does have a sense of fashion and style that is pretty alien to both Tam and myself. She has a sense of color and arrangement and what goes with what that seems to be innate. I don't record this conversation to make fun of her at all: I'm sure the shoes didn't go with the shirt. (I'm not sure I've ever thought of whether my shoes went with my shirt, to tell you the truth. I don't always stop to think whether the shoes even go with the socks.) I never own more than about four pairs of shoes at a time anyway. Dress, loafers, sneakers, maybe one other comfortable pair. Who needs more? I'm not Imelda Marcos. (Of course, nobody remembers Imelda now anyway, so I'm probably showing my age again.)

But at seven, Sarah really has a sense of style. I'll be 60 in 17 days. I'm still waiting for mine to develop.

No comments: