Welcome

As we say above, this is mainly for friends and family. Michael's blog on the Middle East can be found here. Most of our other links can be found below on the right, but be sure to keep up as well with our family website, here. We also have discussion groups for genealogy, links to genealogical information on us, and our (semi-private) Flickr and YouTube accounts for those who are invited. You can also get a quick-navigation guide here.

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Quiet as Predicted

As I expected, a slow weekend. We didn't do much. Too hot, Sarah recovering from pinkeye. The movie we ended up seeing was Underdog. Sarah enjoyed it, I think. It was not, in my opinion, all that great. Not having seen the original cartoon series on which the live-action version is based, I was at a disadvantage. But also this isn't one of those films that has enough humor aimed over the kids' heads to keep the parents happy (as many do these days), but it got us in a cool theater for a hot afternoon.

We're trying to get a lot caught up before vacation. Taxes that we filed an extension on, but need the refund for, letting The Estimate readers know that I'm still alive, and so on. Vacation always seems to mean you have to do twice as much work the weeks before it. And of course we're trying to do some planning as well, and Sarah's demanding of our time (especially Tam's).

So I don't know how much I'll be checking in here for the next week or so. Stand by.

So far only one cousin has told me they've looked at this blog. I plan to broadcast its existence a bit wider in the next few days. Meanwhile if you're checking us out, click on "comment" below and let me know you're out there. I have to approve comments at this point (to keep spammers out mainly) but would like to know if anyone's reading this.

No comments: